Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Blessed

My mind has been mulling over a lot today, so we'll see exactly what I end up sharing here. I may just go all stream of consciousness and see what comes out. Well....as much as I can, considering I still have children awake.

Mainly, I've been thinking about all of this amazing stuff that has been happening for us. I'm not bragging, I'm honestly still just shocked that so much has been going our way lately. First, you should already know that everything has turned out amazingly well for Diva Girl's school. Since then it seems like one thing after another has fallen into place. A local company has given our kids a Christmas full of gifts that are perfect for them and a friend provided them with gifts for every day of Advent. While Christmas is about much more than presents, we weren't sure if we would be able to do anything for the kids at all this year....and now they have so many presents that we will probably hold some stuff back to give them for their birthdays the next month so they won't be overwhelmed. I'm still in awe.

We have chosen which school we will send Diva Girl to next year and are actually comfortable with it, which is a pretty big deal considering I swore I would never put her in public school. Now we just have to move to the west side of town, which is great because our church is out there too. Which means that we might just get to move to a place that gives our kid a much needed yard to play in! Goodness knows they need some running space.

It just...feels like everything is good right now. I don't experience that very much. Yesterday my therapist actually said, in surprise, "Oh, well, everything seems to be great! What's that feel like?" It made me laugh, and reflect. I realize that for quite a while I've been a "glass half empty" kind of girl. Life has thrown some hard things our way. And while I try to combat that with a lot of humor and laughter, I still tend to have a pretty negative mindset.

If you don't already know, I'm a spa girl. That means that I do pampering sessions for women in their homes, offices, schools, wherever, and I get to use and sell the most amazing products! It is honestly something that I absolutely enjoy and is the one thing that I do that is completely outside of my role of "mommy". I get to escape the house,  And I've met some truly fabulous ladies through it. And these ladies are always sharing their stories of success, and I see them growing right before my very eyes, month after month. But then I always walk away and think to myself...yeah, but that's them. And I'm ME. Good things don't happen to me. Boo hoo.

Gosh, I annoy myself.

The whole reason I started thinking about my blessings today is because of my spa sisters. I really think that God has used them to show me how blessed I am today and how much more he wants to bless me tomorrow, and the day after that, and on and on and on. For the first time in a long time I'm thinking...why not me? Why can't I be successful at something that I love to do? Why can't I bless other women through my business? Why can't I provide for my kids this way?

Today, I just imagine God smiling down on me and saying "Oh honey, I know you've had it hard. But the blessings have come...and just wait and see what I still have in store for you. Keep working hard. Keep looking to me."

Box o Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment