Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Moving On

Well, it's official. We're looking for a new place to live.

Now, quite honestly, that's a bit insane. Right now we live on-campus and have internet, cable, and water included in rent. It's a fairly safe place to live and everyone here knows us...and more importantly, knows Diva Girl. But the place is tiny. And by tiny, I mean miniscule. At approximately 550 square feet, this place is not big enough for 4 people. When Rascal started walking it seemed like the place shrunk even more.

For a while I felt guilty for being discontent here. After all, 2 years ago we were living in an unfinished basement. How dare I complain about a 2 bedroom place that is all our own? But the more I thought about it, the more I've seen my kids grow frustrated with the lack of space...the more I realize that while I'm grateful for what we have, it's time for us to move on. Wanting more is not wrong. Especially when we see how much difference it makes when Diva Girl is in a bigger space, how much happier she is to be able to move around. A kid deserves to be able to run around in their home. I actually think living here holds her back, it's a source of constant frustration for her.

So now we're faced with a crazy mission. To find a place to be happy in, within our budget. Ideally, this place would be an actual home or duplex, with some kind of yard (Diva Girl loves yards, they make her the happiest little girl in the world). Washer and dryer connections. A kitchen that actually sees a bit of sunshine. Oh, and we'd need landlords that will actually let us rent from them despite our credit and puny paychecks.
Right, so we need a miracle. Good thing God specializes in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment