Friday, April 8, 2011

Heavy Stuff

Sometimes it seems like life gets crazier than I am quite equipt to deal with. Right now is one of those times.
Schoolwork.
One kid who is taking steps back, steps that were hard earned.
The other kid is bounding ahead, getting into everything, and moving at a pace I can't keep up with.
There's never enough time.
My apartment is never clean.
I can't do enough therapy with her as I should.
I'm wishing I had a real home, with a yard and a washer and dryer
And on and on and on...


And then there is that moment. When I'm reading a book to my sweet son, and my girl comes up to me and asks for tickles. And then we're all on the floor, laughing, and tickling each other. We are all completely in the moment, content and full of love. Their little faces are flush and their eyes are bright and I know that to them I am Superwoman. And I'm inspired all over again to live up to how they see me.

In 20 years, I'll miss the chaos.

1 comment: