Friday, November 14, 2008

There's a baby in my bed!

Most people who have never co-slept are completely confused as to why any sane person would want to. Some nights, when I have a foot in my ribs for a few hours, I think the same thing. But for the most part, I love having a family bed. I love knowing that she's safe and close and that I can meet her needs at night just as I would during the day. I love that when I'm having a restless night I can just lay there and stare at her sweet sleeping face.
But mostly, I love the mornings. There is nothing like hearing "i love you" whispered first thing in the morning by such a cute little voice. She puts her chubby little hands on my cheeks, smiles sleepily, and asks for kisses. And kisses she gets, often times more than she bargained for as I kiss her cheeks, her forehead, her neck, her hands, her belly....lots of giggles follow this procession of kisses! Then we cuddle and we "talk" (as much as we can seeing as she's not even two) and we wake up daddy and so begins our day.
Maybe my favorite is when she wakes us both up and we all hug, with G grinning in the middle of her mommy and daddy- a family hug in the family bed. I know she'll be in her own bed soon enough (and some days it doesn't seem soon enough!) and I just wish that I could capture these moments forever.

These are the moments worth living for.

1 comment: