Saturday, December 18, 2010

Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Tinker Bell....

In just one week I will probably be debating over my second slice of flan, watching some of my family play a game and laughing at some light trash talk, and listening to the kids get more and more wild as their bedtime comes and goes. Christmas perfection.

Christmas brings so many memories and hopes and expectations. Things I am currently freaked out about:
-Diva Girl plus chaotic present opening...didn't go as well as I'd hoped last year. Preparing her more this year and praying she will actually enjoy the experience.
-Rascal has two younger cousins and he likes to grab and bite. Nuff said.
-Nut allergies during the holidays are generally stressful. Just need to get through the next two weeks without a trip to the hospital.

Things I am currently extremely excited about:
-BCA is having a Christmas Party. How cute is Diva Girl going to be singing "Jingle Bells"?
-Rascal's first Christmas! Happy times!
-Time with my family. Girl time with my mom, seeing all the cousins together, eating home cooking until I pop.

Christmas can be a hard time of the year. So I'm trying to soak in the fun little things. Like Diva Girl singing "Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells....Tinker Bell!" Makes sense to me! And anticipating their tiny excited faces when they get their gifts. And telling them about baby Jesus and just knowing that one day they'll understand.

And you know what? This is the first Christmas since we got married that we've been able to afford to buy one another gifts. Can't wait to see my husband smile when he opens up his present!

Not the most profound holiday blog post, but these days I'd rather be happy than profound :)

No comments:

Post a Comment