Saturday, January 22, 2011

Four Years Old


My first glimpse of perfection. She was so tiny and angelic, I could hardly believe that she was mine. I thought to myself- "I get to keep her? I get to take her home? Are they sure I'm allowed?" It was terrifying and amazing, as life with her often is.

But I grew into being a mommy, and watched her grow in awe. Husband and I could hardly believe how lucky we were. Oh, the mountains of pictures we took in those early months! The adorable yawns, the bathtime mohawks, the first smiles...all evidence of the fact that we had created the most beautiful child that ever lived.



I mean, really...doesn't this face just melt your heart?



Then I blinked and I had a cake eating, walking, talking, one year old!



And whether I liked it or not, she grew. She was just pure sunshine.



Who could resist this grin?



Or this wink?



The next thing I knew, it was birthday number two!



That's when life got REALLY exciting!



And maybe just a tad bit messy...



But she discovered her love of all thinks pink and sparkly and fairyish and beautiful.



Suddenly, she was three.



She had to learn how to share, even when she wasn't a big fan of the idea



She's learned more than I can even guess, and she shows us more each day



She makes us laugh every day!



And she blows me away every day with her beauty, humor, love, and her ability to keep me guessing.



Baby girl, I love you more than you love yourself, as hard as that is to believe...


Four years and I'm still thinking "Really, I get to keep her? Wow" Happy Birthday to the most wonderful little girl there is!

Diva Girl ~ January 23,2007

4 comments:

  1. She's so beautiful! Happy Birthday sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, goodness, I understand this! Blessings on sweet Gabriella and you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Gabriella! Here's to another year of moving forward and looking fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How awesome this will be when she is big enough to read and know how much you have loved her from day 1!

    ReplyDelete